Grove City, PA
July 26 - August 2, 2014
For information about live streams of some of the meetings E-mail: Peter@GrowInGrace.com
Adult Bible Studies
Walking with Christ through Philippians
Philippians 1: Christ as our Life
Christ is presented as our life, and consequently everything is viewed in connection with Christ. The key word is â€œFor to me to live is Christâ€ (Phil. 1:21).
- Philippians 1:1-21 Paul is a prisoner in Rome when he writes this epistle. He had visited Philippi on his second missionary journey where Lydia and the Philippian jailer were the first converts to Christianity, and the first assembly in Europe began there. Paul is confident in God who had begun a good work, and in spite the sufferings and trials, his heart is filled with joy.
- Philippians 1:22-30 Fellowship in the gospel (vs.5). Furtherance of the gospel (vs.12). Striving together for the faith of the gospel (vs.27). Christ is the center of the Christian life.
Philippians 2: Christ as our Pattern
Christ is presented in humiliation as our pattern, giving grace to the Christian life. The key word is â€œLet this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesusâ€ (Phil. 2:5).
- Philippians 2:1-11 The self-humbling of Christ, followed by the exaltation of Christ.
- Philippians 2:12-30 The Christian working out the salvation in practical living as seen in Paul.
Philippians 3: Christ as our Object in Glory
Christ is presented in glory as our object, giving energy to the Christian life. The key word is â€œI press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesusâ€ (Phil. 3:14).
- Philippians 3:1-11 Paulâ€™s experience on the road to Damascus. He rejoiced in Christ Jesus and had no confidence in the flesh. His sights were set on Christ in Glory, the Object for faith.
- Philippians 3:12-21 Paul was running a race, pressing toward the markâ€”Christ in Glory.
Philippians 4: Christ as our Power
Christ is presented as our power, lifting us above the cares and anxieties of the pilgrim path. The key word is â€œI can do all things through Christ who strengthens meâ€ (Phil. 4:13).
- Philippians 4:1-7 Exhortation to unity. Standing fast in the Lord, having the same mind in the Lord, and rejoicing in the Lordâ€”in spite of the dangers of the way, both from within and without.
- Philippians 4:8-23 Christ in glory. Owning Him as Lord is the secret of strength for the pathway.
Day Five: Galatians 5:16: Walking in the Spirit is walking with Christ
- Galatians 2:16,19-20
- Justified by faith in Christ.
- Christ as my life.
- Living by faith as the rule for my life.
- The faith of the Son of God as an object.
- The Son of God loved me and gave Himself for meâ€”as a motive to serve, love, and obey Him.
- Galatians 5:17-24 The works of the flesh (vs. 17-21). The fruit of the Spirit (vs.22-24).