Grassie, ON, Canada
January 28, 2023
Grace - "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men" - Titus 2:11
Study 1: The Appearing of Grace
What has been done.
Titus 2:11 - For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.
John 1:14-18 - The Word became flesh, and dwelt among us... full of grace and truth
- What is grace and how has it appeared?
- The Word became flesh
- The Law condemned
- Grace brought salvation to all men
Study 2: The Teaching of Grace
What is being done.
Titus 2:12 - teaching us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age
What is the effect on those who believe?
- Denying oneself - what we are naturally
- worldly lusts
- The life of the believer
- Live soberly
- Live righteously
- Live godly
Study 3: The Eternal Results of Grace
What will be done.
Titus 2:13-14 - Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.
- The blessed hope of the believer – 1 Thess. 4:15-18 – The rapture
- The appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus
- The second coming of Christ in Glory
- Grace teaches us the heart of Christ
- who gave Himself for us
- to be His own special people
- to glorify Him now
- A manner of life that is consistent with our blessed hope – living in the light of eternity
- Phil. 3:20 – 21 – our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.