October 16, 2021
The first fourteen verses of John’s gospel - very familiar to many - is a declaration of who the Lord Jesus Christ is - The Word, the Life, the Light - the One who reveals the Father, the One who is full of grace and truth! Our desire is to consider these familiar passages in order to have a new-found appreciation of our Lord Jesus.
Study 1: The Logos - John 1:1-3
- Expression of all God is - Hebrews 1:1-3
- Originator and purpose of all Creation - Colossians 1:15-17; Revelation 4:11
Study 2: The Life and Light - John 1:4-13
- Source and spring of life - 1 John 1:2; 1 John 5:11
- Light - reveals; exposes; overcomes darkness
- Light - witnessed to by John
- Receivers - are now the Children of God
Study 3: The Incarnate Word - John 1:14
- The miracle of incarnation "The Word became flesh and dwelt among "...
- Contemplation of His person "We beheld His glory... A Son with the Father"
- Grace and Truth "Full of Grace and Truth"