Ajax/Markham, ON, Canada
June 4, 2016
The Life Which I Now Live
Studies in the life of Paul - (Saul of Tarsus)
"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20
For ye have heard of my conversation in time past" Galatians 1:13
Study 1: His former manner of life
- "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief." 1 Timothy 1:15
- "For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another." Titus 3:3
Study 2: Paul's life-changing encounter with Jesus
- From darkness: "Who art Thou Lord"
- To light: "Lord what wilt thou have me to do?"
- "For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:" Eph 5:8
- His renunciation of his former life: Phil 3:4-14; Gal 2:20; 6:14-15 (The world, the law or self-righteousness, and the flesh, etc.)
- "The life which I now live"
- "But what things were gain to me, those I counted but loss for Christ."
- The question is: "Have I had a life-changing encounter with Jesus, and is it apparent to family, and friends, and other believers?"
- "Are we continually being changed as we meet the Lord daily through His word?"
Study 3: His labours, with its trials, and sufferings
- "For as much as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord" 1 Cor. 15:58
- "But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience, persecutions, afflictions, ... but out of them all the Lord delivered me." 2 Tim. 3:10-11
Study 4: His approaching departure to be with Christ
- "To be with Christ which is far better" Phil 1:23
- Facing death with confidence
- Words of comfort